Health & Safety REPS - Stage 2
Expand on your skills from the Stage 1 course
This one-day advanced training course reviews the role of the representative and builds on the skills, knowledge and competences developed in the Essential Training for Health and Safety Representatives (Stage 1).
YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT:
• How to further skills to effectively perform in a workplace health and safety role
• Discharging duties under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
• Health and Safety Regulations and guidance material
• How to identify risks and hazards - and control them
• Accident causation models
• Investigative techniques
• Using accident data to identify trends
• Conducting an internal self - assessment or audits
SO YOU CAN:
• Carry out moderate level accident investigation and causation with confidence
• Gather and interpret accident and injury data
• Carry out an internal audit or self-assessment on your health and safety management systems
• Use accident/incident trend analysis to reduce harm in the workplace
• Manage hazards - control of specific hazards using codes of practice and guidelines.
• A deeper understanding of the importance health and safety within the workplace
• A more active health and safety role within your organisation
• Robust investigation techniques
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
• Health and safety representatives who have completed Stage 1 of the training
• Health and safety committee members
• Others with an interest in, or responsibility for, workplace health and safety
Presenter Bio - Alan Boswell - Occupational Safety and Health Consultant
Alan has joined the team at the Canterbury Employers’ Chamber of Commerce having spent almost 30 years in the aviation industry as a propulsion engineer and technical trainer. He left aviation in 2012 to broaden his experience in industry Health and Safety. He has a keen interest in the legislation surrounding Health and Safety, and having spent most of his career around petrochemicals is experienced in chemical handling, storage and spill management.
SPACES ARE LIMITED SO BOOK YOUR SPOT TODAY!
CLICK HERE for our Cancellation and Transfer Policy.