Businesses working together to tell the Marlborough Story
Marlburians take pride in our region. By working together to tell the Only Marlborough story, we will collectively create a stronger voice for Marlborough in New Zealand and in our markets internationally, attracting more people to connect with us – to visit, to live and work here, to buy Marlborough products, and to do business with us.
Marlborough locals live the Marlborough story as hosts, business partners and employers and can adopt and use the story as their own. The Only Marlborough story is relevant for you if you are talking about Marlborough, or would like to associate your business with Marlborough values.
The Marlborough brand will get stronger and more identifiable every time it is used. This allows businesses and organisations to benefit from an association with Marlborough portrayed consistently through a range of visual and verbal elements.
Be part of telling the world about our unique region
For inspiration on how to adopt the Marlborough Story into your own storytelling consider:
- Will my use of the Marlborough Story allow me to build on and benefit from consistent positioning and growing awareness of the region?
- Will the use of the identity help improve my communication about why an association with Marlborough is appealing and desirable?
- Does using assets from the Only Marlborough toolbox strengthen my story of provenance?
- Which elements of the Only Marlborough toolbox can be incorporated to visually strengthen my communication?
Become part of the Marlborough story by:
- Incorporating Only Marlborough values in your communications
- Training staff as Marlborough advocates and hosts in the Marlborough story values
- Develop your own Marlborough stories to share with other sector groups
- Incorporate elements of the visual identity including photography style, colours, and typeface in your own communications
- Co-brand your material
- Use #onlymarlborough as a social media hashtag
- Including information on Marlborough and the Only Marlborough logo as part of your external print and online communication, marketing, events, and product packaging.
The extent to which you will implement Only Marlborough tool-box of assets will vary depending on:
- Your business/organisation
- The channel (outdoor, print, online events etc)
- The audience (residents, tourists, consumers, businesses)
- The placement (internal regional communications or external, either national or international.
Find out more and apply at: