CORONAVIRUS - WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
We are at Level 4 of New Zealand’s four-level COVID-19 alert system. It is likely Level 4 measures will stay in place for a number of weeks. Click here for more information on Alert Level 4.
Our office doors are closed, however the Chamber team remain 100% available to support you, our local business community. We are all working from home and we are only an email or a phone call away. If you need to get in touch with one of us directly our details can be found here. We will continue to provide regular updates via email, this page and our Facebook page. These will be updated with announcements and key information as we get it.
As the situation regarding novel coronavirus can evolve rapidly, we recommend visiting the Ministry of Health website for the latest updates and developments. For an update on the global situation, please visit the the World Health Organisation website.
CLICK HERE for our latest email update
CLICK HERE for information on the changes the Government has advised to the Companies Act
CLICK HERE for information on the Business Finance Guarantee Scheme for small and medium-sized businesses
CLICK HERE for the COVID-19 Support for Employers page which helps you identify which payment would apply to your circumstances
CLICK HERE for the COVID-19 Essential Workers Leave Support and application process
CLICK HERE for some common questions on support for employers during COVID-19 released from Work and Income. Answers to some common questions about how the wage subsidy works with tax and for charities. This is being updated regularly.
CLICK HERE for information on the COVID-19 and the minimum wage - this provides some guidance for employees and employers in regards to the minimum wage increase during Alert Level 4 commencing on the 1 April 2020.
Regional Business Partner COVID-19 Workshop Series - The Nelson Regional Development Agency is the Regional Business Partner for the top of the south and this workshop is fully funded as part of the COVID-19 support package. Brought to you in partnership with the Nelson Chamber of Commerce, Marlborough Chamber of Commerce, Nelson Tasman Business Trust and Business Trust Marlborough who together form the Regional Business Partner Network. Click here to view the series of four workshops and to register.
Externally run webinars - we have a dedicated page with upcoming webinars run by external organisations that we feel might be useful for you and your business. Head there now.
IMPACTS OF COVID-19 ON YOUR BUSINESS
The Chamber is the Regional Business Partner for Marlborough and we’re fully focused on helping local business manage the impacts of COVID-19. To understand how COVID-19 is affecting your business, please take 2-3 minutes to fill out the attached survey. We’ll follow up with a phone or Zoom call within two working days to chat about the business support currently available. You may also be able to receive a few hours of fully funded 1:1 advice in one of these key areas – cash flow and financial management, business continuity planning, HR, or health and wellbeing. Send your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses are confidential.
HOW CAN the chamber HELP you?
If you need business guidance or support as you navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, our Growth Advisor, Kathryn Stewart can support with practical, relevant and timely advice as the COVID-19 pandemic evolves. Please contact Kathryn to talk about:
The Government’s business support package including wage subsidies and leave payments.
Accessing fully funded one-on-one advice with a professional in HR, health & wellness, business continuity planning or finance & cashflow management.
Support for businesses wishing to access one-on-one business mentoring, or export support.
Together with our wider Regional Business Partner Network in the Top of the South, the Chamber will be collecting regional information on the impacts of COVID-19. The purpose of this is to understand the changing needs of our business community so that we can communicate these needs to the appropriate authorities. Together, these services will help us to support you through the unprecedented challenges presented by this global pandemic, ensure a central source of local information, and feed relevant and timely responses back to the Government.
Kathryn Stewart - email@example.com or 021 330 923
From the Marlborough District Council
CLICK HERE to head to find out about Council services affected by COVID-19
MDC have launched their new Council e-newsletter, Marlborough Matters! It’s a weekly summary of their main news stories, landing in your inbox on a Friday. Click here to sign up and receive these.
NEW TOOL FROM NZTE - NZ Marketplace - B2B resource help
A new tool that NZTE have made available to help businesses through this tough time; called B2B marketplace. The driver behind this is that they know that New Zealand companies have extra or need additional resources currently. ("Resources" might include workforce, materials, technology, manufacturing capacity, storage, freight, and so on.) Their conversations with their customers showed there was a clear demand for a solution to sit alongside the work we are doing in international freight support.
Managed by NZTE on behalf of NZ Inc, it is designed to work as a matching platform to allow New Zealand businesses to connect with other New Zealand businesses that may need or have extra resource at this time. This is for urgent or timely requests or offers that have come about due to the disruption in the businesses supply chain. It is not meant to be a directory of generic business support services, nor is it about supply of medical equipment to government.
The Marketplace is organised into sector/solution forums such as freight, temporary storage, supplies, business services and staff availability, and will adapt to show more categories as required.
This is a ‘version 1’ and they will continue to improve it and add features as they see a need.
Key links and updates
- CLICK HERE for the all-of-government COVID-19 website
- CLICK HERE for the Ministry of Health website
- CLICK HERE for Air New Zealand COVID-19 Information Hub
- CLICK HERE to head to WINZ COVID-19 employer support website page
- CLICK HERE for NZ Wine Industry updates
- CLICK HERE for the Employment NZ website - guidance for employees, employers and businesses
- CLICK HERE for the Nelson Marlborough District Health website which is being continually updated
- CLICK HERE for tax relief information from the IRD
- CLICK HERE for ACC guidance for businesses impacted by COVID19
- CLICK HERE for Time Bar for 2019 income tax returns from The Inland Revenue Department
- CLICK HERE to head to Business.govt.nz for latest updates
- CLICK HERE for mortgage holiday information
- CLICK HERE for the alert level table
- CLICK HERE for NZTE latest information for exporters
- CLICK HERE for Infometrics COVID-19: Economic Insights and Response page
Essential Business Services
For the latest information on or/about essential business services COVID-19 Government website. If you need further information on this in regards to your business please contact MBIE on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) has released guidance for accommodation/hospitality sector during Alert Level 4 - click here to view.
Primary sector businesses may contact MPI at 0800 00 83 33 or email@example.com for further details on registering or the registration process.
Cashflow Health Guide
NZTE has developed a Cashflow Health Guide and this is available for download. This guide also links to a Financial Model Template. Both are designed for Management and Business Owners to better understand your current cash position, immediate outlook and funding and/or liquidity solutions, through a series of questions/prompts. This in turn enables you to understand impacts of the current economic environment, and mitigate/plan for your businesses.
To seek assistance in way of a wage subsidy or leave payment. Find out more HERE.
Are you are a large employer of 100 or more - CLICK HERE
Information about Alert Level 4, visas, isolation and temporary border measures for all travellers, student visa holders, migrant workers and employers head to the Immigration NZ website.
Impact on export/import sector
New Zealand Trade and Enterprise (NZTE) has also launched an information page on its website to help exporters affected by the outbreak. The page brings together information from NZTE, Ministry for Foreign Affairs and Trade, and the Ministry for Primary Industries to enable exporters to stay up-to-date on the latest developments and plan, prepare and mitigate any potential impact from the outbreak - CLICK HERE to head to their website
As the situation is evolving, NZTE will update the page with confirmed information, to build a clear picture of the situation and determine what support may be needed. Exporters are encouraged to visit the page, which includes contact details to report any export issues.
The Canterbury Employers’ Chamber of Commerce have collated an employer's guide based on different scenarios that may arise as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Read here.
Businesses in Marlborough will be feeling the effects of COVID-19 on their business operations. The Marlborough Chamber and the Marlborough Regional Business Partner Team are available to support you through this challenging period. Please don't hesitate to contact us on 03 577 9575.
- Inland Revenue Department - COVID-19 -
- Callaghan Innovation - New Zealands Innovation - Current response to COVID-19
- Continuity and Contingency Planning — business.govt.nz and CLICK HERE for a guide for navigating your business through disruption released from the Canterbury Chamber of Commerce
- Health: Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) — Ministry of Health
- Exporters: Coronavirus (Covid-19) – Information for exporters — New Zealand Trade and Enterprise
- Tax: Tax relief – Coronavirus COVID-19 — Inland Revenue
- Immigration: Coronavirus update: INZ’s response — Immigration New Zealand
- Human Resources New Zealand
- Travel: Novel coronavirus, China (Covid-19) SafeTravel (MFAT)
- Tourism: Coronavirus – Information for industry — Tourism New Zealand or CLICK HERE for Tourism Industry Aotearoa latest news
- Workplace response: Workplace response to coronavirus - Employment New Zealand
- Workplace preparedness: Workplace preparedness for novel coronavirus (COVID-19) — WorkSafe New Zealand
- Redundancy information: Coronavirus: Redundancy information for employers - Work and Income
- Landlords/tenants: Coronavirus (COVID-19) – what landlords and tenants need to know - Tenancy Services
- Education sector: Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) - Ministry of Education
- Small business: Coronavirus: Information for businesses - business.govt.nz
- Accommodation sector: COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) - Information for hotels and hotel staff
- Resources and posters that are useful for your public and staff spaces are - CLICK HERE